With Nottz on the boards and Evidence on the guest feature, rising emcee Big Cousin holds his own among underground rap royalty on his latest single, “Bleed Respect.”
The raw, no-frills track stems from the London-based, New York-born rapper’s upcoming EP, Blue Money, and it sets the tone for what you can expect from the entire project. Ev kicks things off with the kind of slick talk we’ve all come to love from Mr. Slow Flow as he spits a clever “My Name Is…” nod—”Hi kids, do you like vinyl?”—and then goes in over the VA producer’s snarling instrumental.
And as BC picks up the mic, he puts his whole foot into the beat with sharp lyricism tied to the track’s theme of demanding respect. He also sounds right at home over the Nottz instrumental, which makes sense given that he used to drive from New York down to Virginia just to work with the legendary producer.
That passion bleeds through the track, which is available now through all major digital retailers and streaming platforms. Keep an eye out for the Blue Money EP, which is available now for pre-order and due out Oct 11 via BC’s own label, Global Not Local Records.
Smart URL: https://smarturl.it/bigcousin
01. Intro (prod. by Nottz)
02. Blue Money (feat. Stalley) [prod. by Khrysis]
03. Say It Ain’t So (feat. Shateish) [prod. by Eric G]
04. That’s Why Baby (prod. by Eric G)
05. Love Games (prod. by Jansport J)
06. Bleed Respect (feat. Evidence) [prod. by Nottz]
Big Cousin Online:
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/realbigcousin
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/realbigcous1n
• Big Cousin: https://twitter.com/realbigcous1n
• Evidence: https://twitter.com/evidence
• Nottz: https://twitter.com/nottzraw